Translate

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Giver Trailer Looks Dissapointing

Alo Party Peoples.

The film version of The Giver by Lois Lowry has a trailer out. http://youtu.be/oYZxZups06w

I don't think this looks very good. I can handle it being in color. If it was done in black and white, it would probably be too similar to Pleasantville and there wouldn't be a reason to film it. But this looks, and I know this sounds pretentious, too conventional. 

I thought a movie version of The Giver would be a smaller affair. A drama, or a tragedy, or anything but an action movie. Yes, is is based on a YA novel, but The Giver is not very much like say, The Hunger Games. Sure they're both dystopias, but nobody is trying to bring down the system in The Giver. It's society works because there isn't a need to enforce the dystopia. The idea of rebellion simply never crossed anybody's mind. The oppressed people don't see anything wrong because they've never known anything different.

I'll still be covering the movie, but my expectations have been lowered quite a bit.

Have a nice day. 

Greg.B

No comments:

Post a Comment