Translate

Monday, March 3, 2014

Archivis News Update: 3-3-13

Alo Party Peoples.

Here's some news.

Agents of Shield comes out of it's month long hiatus tomorrow. I'm in general alright with the show, but it certainly has problems. For one thing, it has had a very erratic broadcast schedule, it's taken them twenty-three weeks to broadcast thirteen (soon to be fourteen) episodes, and it's connection to the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is tangential at best. "The Well", that crossover episode with Thor: The Dark World, while it was pretty good, it had barely anything to do with that movie. Maybe it's been slow because they're waiting for the new Captain America to come out so they know what story details not to contradict, but it's still annoying. Say, you could probably compare it to a certain other Joss Whedon show, in being mishandled by the broadcaster.

For the longest time, the "Slender Man" was a thing that horrified me. So this video, as crudely made as it is, got a laugh out of me.

I've recently finished reading a series of Internet published short stories called Fine Structure. I think it is best read without any prior knowledge of the details. It is a bit inconsistent in both quality and continuity, probably due to being written and published over the course of at least four years, but the result is at least an interesting work.

I don't think I've mentioned this on the blog before, but I managed to get tickets to a live performance of the popular horror-comedy podcast "Welcome To Night Vale". By the end of the month, I will have seen that performance, and I will be able to share my thoughts about it, either on this blog, or more likely on social media. I think that the script being toured is "The Librarian", but I'm not sure.

That's all I can think of right now, so i'll see you for the next movie review.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B

No comments:

Post a Comment