Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Archivis News Update 3-19-14 (Netflix Edition)

Alo Party Peoples.

Here are a couple of movies that I found on Netflix Instant

Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan: Even though the opening to Enterprise is a source of inspiration for me, I am not a Star Trek fan. My only real experience with it has been the JJ Abrams films which, while decently entertaining, didn't have any real substance. This much older film on the other hand, is damn good. I'm not sure it's a masterpiece, but it is a solid film.

The acting is superb, the effects have held up incredibly well, it's mostly space based action is tense, and I required no prior knowledge of the franchise to understand the plot. Even if you aren't a Trekkie, I'd say it's worth a look.

Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog: Like Rubber, description should serve as an indicator of if you should watch this. It's a superhero movie that is only 43 minutes long. About half of it is presented as a supervillan's blog. It's done on the very cheap, and it is also a musical. Also, Joss Whedon wrote it. This one is actually being taken off of Netflix in a few days, so watch it while you can if that interests you. :)

Dr Strange: I actually talked about this movie way back in September, back when the blog was still taking shape. I remember it being serviceable, but nothing special by any means. Re-watching it, my opinion has not changed. Maybe look at it if you want to know what Marvel's live action version will probably be doing, but your'e too lazy to find the comics. Otherwise, you can safely ignore it.


Fire up your device of choice and take a look into the vastness of Netflix's backlog. Next time, well, I thought that the Noah movie was out this week, but it isn't. So I'll probably have to talk about Divergent.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B








No comments:

Post a Comment