Translate

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Some More Things About Autism.

Alo Party Peoples.

Last month I did a post on autism. It seemed to go over well. Today I have some more things to say about autism. I'm not feeling well, so it will be a list.

  • It does exist.
  • It is a difference in neurological wiring, not a disease to be cured. Don't compare it to curing cancer, instead compare it to curing left-handedness. There is no cure.
  • It is very difficult to live with. We aren't stupid, we just need support.
  • We are trying to make things easier for you. Really.
  • We are not actively trying to piss you off.
  • What we are doing is trying to cope with a very confusing world.
  • This coping can look like insanity to the neurotypical. We don't intend it to be that way. What we intend is to make things easier for ourselves.
  • The goal should not be to make the autism look like it isn't there. The goal is to cope with the world.
I'm not satisfied with those bullet points at all, but I've spent the past day and a half on this constantly throwing out drafts. So I'm publishing this right now so I can be done with it.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B



No comments:

Post a Comment