Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Archivis News Update: 2-2-2014

Alo Party Peoples.

Here is some news.

ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT UPCOMING CONTENT

In a previous post I said that if I could acquire Serenity: Leaves on The Wind I would discuss it here. I am unable to acquire it. I apologize, as compensation March's DVD review will be Serenity. I don't actually own it at the time I write this, but it is on Netflix Instant Stream, so I can technically review it for you.

The LEGO Movie might not be covered this weekend in favor of Monuments Men, a biopic about a group of historians tasked by the Allied forces with protecting Europe's cultural history from the Nazis during WWII. Whichever film I do end up seeing that Saturday, I will cover the other once it comes to DVD.

Speaking of which, in case you missed it, here are the films that I plan to cover this year in order of US release date.
  • The LEGO Movie or Monuments Men (February 7th)
  • Pompeii (February 21st)
  • Noah (March 28th)
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4th)
  • Godzilla (May 16)
  • X-Men: Days Of Future Past (May 23)
  • The Fault In Our Stars (June 6th)
  • Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes (July 11th)
  • Guardians Of The Galaxy (August 1st)
  • The Giver (August 15th)
  • The Hobbit: There And Back Again (December 17)


FANTASTIC BEASTS OF OLD

Have there been any new developments about the Harry Potter spin-off movie that got hinted at around September last year? Then again, does anybody still care about Harry Potter in general? It was a good ride, don't get me wrong, but it just feels like old news now.


NET NEUTRALITY HAS BEEN STRUCK DOWN

I've been meaning to talk about this for a while. On January 14th of 2014, a federal court decided that the FCC has no authority to enforce net neutrality among internet service providers. This in theory allows companies like Time Warner Cable and Verizon to slow down or completely block certain websites for any reason. What makes this worse is that they don't have to tell their users what websites are being blocked. I haven't experienced any websites being blocked or slowed down because of it, at least not that I am aware of,  but do know that, at least in the United States, something like the image to your right is now a theoretical possibility. My opinion? That's just not right.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B












No comments:

Post a Comment