Translate

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Archivis News Update.

Alo Party Peoples.

Ever since the Zimmerman post brought the wrath of God upon me from my mother I haven't blogged about things that could be seen as political. Instead I have a news thing next to the posts. But since something newsworthy happened at my school, I figure this is different.

So on November 13, one Justin Lookadoo spoke at Richardson High School about dating. The things he said proved to be controversial. Mostly supporting gender stereotypes. Here's a news article if you want to know more.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/richardson-lake-highlands/headlines/20131113-motivational-speaker-at-richardson-school-criticized-for-gender-stereotyping.ece

I wasn't there that day, but I did research Mr. Lookadoo, and I found plenty to disagree with, but I'm mostly sad about the stereotype thing. 

In a perfect world this wouldn't be a problem, but it's not a perfect world, so it is.


You can't just fit people into little boxes labeled "datable" or "undatable". That's not how it works. People are complicated, they just don't fit into categories like that.

That's all I have to say on that.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B


No comments:

Post a Comment