Translate

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Archivis News Update, In Space (4-20-2014)

Alo Party Peoples.

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so let's get right to it.
Image courtesy of NASA



NASA put it's newest spacesuit design up for a public vote a while ago. In all honesty, these look kind of ridiculous. It looks like something right out of Flash Gordon. Like how people in the 1930s thought spacesuits would look now. The results of the poll will be announced on April 30th, and a finished suit is expected to be made by November. For the record, I voted 'Technology'.

Speaking of space travel, this is the trailer for the upcoming Christopher Nolan movie Interstellar. It looks really good. Granted, maybe that's just because I agree that our more-or-less abandonment of manned space exploration is a sad turn of events, and that "our destiny lies above us", but I am loving this trailer. My only real gripe is that it seems to only acknowledge American achievements in space, Sputnik and Gagarin go unspoken of, but that's really nitpicking an otherwise beautiful trailer. The movie comes out in November, and I can't wait to see it.


That's all for now, and I'll hopefully see you in a few days with a review of Transcendence.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B

No comments:

Post a Comment