Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Goodbye, For Now

We will be with you/When you're leaving
We will be with you/When you go
We will be with you/And hold you til you're quiet
It hurts, to let, you go
                    - Gotye, Making Mirrors

Alo Party Peopl-

OMFG where the f*** have you been!?

Short version, adulting.

Long version, I'm going to college to pursue a journalism degree. Classes start tomorrow, and I simply won't have the time to keep up a weekly blog. This site has been a real boon to me, and having a body of published work out there is probably what got me into a university to begin with, but it has always been a labor of love. It's never brought in any money, and while the long-form writing experience has been invaluable to me, I simply have more important things to do with my time.

Maybe someday I'll be able to return to this site. Maybe I'll move on and do other kinds of writing elsewhere. (I'm considering political science as a minor) But either way, it'll have to wait. I need to see how well I do living independently, taking harder classes, etc. before I even try to find where the screenings happen in Denton, let alone setting up a new network after uprooting the one I had in Dallas.

I have loved writing for this site, it's been one of the highlights of my life for years. I loved finding a niche, I loved meeting new people, and I loved being able to do something I enjoyed to entertain people. But it's time for me to move on with my life. At least, for now.

It's been a great day,

Greg.B


No comments:

Post a Comment