Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

Archivis Update: 8-1-2014

Alo Party Peoples.

Here are my plans for the next few months.

August

Marvel's space opera Guardians of the Galaxy will be covered this Sunday (I've heard really good things from the professionals), followed by either natural disaster thriller Into The Storm or restaurant drama The Hundred Foot Journey next weekend, as well as a probable essay on the uncanny valley effect. The not especially good looking YA dystopia The Giver, which evidently has a press embargo in effect until release day, the weekend of the fifteenth, and I'm probably closing out August with a couple of holdovers from the preceding month.

September

This is probably going to be a slow month for me since, as the year's blockbuster cycle closes out, and Oscar bait season starts rearing up, not much is coming out. All I could find was YA dystopia The Maze Runner on the ninteenth, and animated fantasy The Boxtrolls on the twenty sixth. That leaves two weeks with no big releases. I think it will probably be a month for some essays, the subjects of which will be revealed on release date.

October

After either another essay or something from my DVD shelf, we kick the month off with Robert Downey Jr courtroom drama The Judge. Followed by historical fantasy action romp Dracula Untold the weekend of the seventeenth. On the twenty fourth we have what my father described as "Jimmy Bond" when he saw the trailer, Kingsman: The Secret Service

...and that's what you can probably expect to see covered here before my most anticipated thing of the year Interstellar comes out.

Have a nice day.

Greg.B

No comments:

Post a Comment